To celebrate getting a full night’s sleep last night (that’s right, Liesl slept for 11.5 hours straight!), and feeling very well-rested today, I figured it’d be a good time to share a three month update on Miss Liesl.
When I was pregnant with Liesl, and driving in the car, I would feel her presence/aura/spirit with me and think, “It’s just us girls, bopping around town running errands.” Now that she’s physically here with me, I have those same thoughts! We’re together a lot on any given day, either running errands, jogging along the water, or hanging out at the house, and I’ve come to realize I really enjoy this mother-daughter time.
Things she likes:
- Daddy singing her the A-B-Cs
- Getting tickled on her face by my hair when I brush it against her skin
- Her pre-bed time routine — it’s seriously one of her favorite things (she gets her bath and bottle by Daddy, then off to bed with a full belly)
- Being outside
- Grabbing her tongue with her fingers
- Getting her hair brushed
- Listening to the vacuum or white noise — it calms her down when she gets fussy
There aren’t too many things that she dislikes. Right now, she gets pretty frustrated while on her tummy as she figures out how to crawl. She just wants to be super active!
Things to note:
- When people see or meet Liesl for the first time, one of the first things they say is how much she looks like her daddy. Apparently she really is a daddy’s girl.
- She’s very social and likes to “talk”. At daycare, she was the most talkative child there and really liked “playing” with the other kiddos.
- Liesl started rolling over about a month ago, and she loves being able to move around.
We have her four month checkup in a few weeks and we’ll learn how much she weighs and her height at that point. We’re excited to see how she’s growing!